Mechanical by Bruno Flexer

Mechanical by Bruno Flexer
Mechanical by Bruno Flexer

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Taking just another little break from Science Fiction and Fantasy to drool on the upcoming Pacific Rim by Guillermo del Toro

by Bruno Flexer, Author of:
Dragon Over Washington for Kindle,  Dragon Over Washington Paperback
The Fire At The Gates

Automatic Rebellion
UK Amazon: Bruno Flexer's Works

There really are very few movies I look forward to as much as I an BREATHLESSLY anticipating the upcoming Pacific Rim by the legendary Guillermo del Toro!

There are very few film makers that understand science fiction and fantasy as well as Guillermo del Toro does. He made movies such as Hellboy, Pan's Labyrinth, The Hobbit, Mimmic, Splice - Each of these movies is a veritable fest of imagination, extravaganza and deep love for everything that is fantastic.



Guillermo del Toro is easily the equal of James Cameron and Ridley Scott, in my eyes at least. Though his films are usually made with smaller budgets and are less profit oriented, they are every bit as good.

Pacific Rim promises at least to equal if not surpass these movies. The storyline, as far as I understand (I have to confess, whenever the trailer comes up I close my eyes and try to shutdown my ears - I want the film to surprise me as much as possible!), is about huge monsters coming up from the deep, battled by huge robots piloted by a desperate cadre of humans fighting for out planet. Monsters, Robots, Apocalyptic events, and Guillermo del Toro! Please, let July's release date come already!

No comments:

Post a Comment