Mechanical by Bruno Flexer

Mechanical by Bruno Flexer
Mechanical by Bruno Flexer

Monday, April 29, 2013

Wilder than any science fiction plot or fantasy day dream - the day I was jump started!

by Bruno Flexer, Author of:
Dragon Over Washington for Kindle,  Dragon Over Washington Paperback
The Fire At The Gates

Automatic Rebellion
UK Amazon: Bruno Flexer's Works

And so it came, that awful enemy worse than any science fiction mad scientist or fantasy's evil warlock. It came without notice and it lay me low with a fell blow against which I had no defense.

The common cold.

Yea, laugh as you will but the common cold that hit me was anything but common. It hit with a vengeance and stayed put, finding its new accommodation to its liking. In other words, it infected me with its nefarious illness and would not leave.



Again, laugh as hard as you wish but neither the farthest reaches of space nor the deepest pit of hell failed to spawn such an evil common cold.

I can deal with a sore throat, a running nose and sneezes just like everyone else but the low blow in this case was the fact that hellish common cold did not allow me to sleep.

The demonic common cold took a hold of my nose and sealed it shut. And I need my nose to breathe! No amount of cures, medicines, curses, blessings and prayers helped. And I cannot sleep with a nose sealed shut. I breathe through my nose when sleeping!

I slept about four hours in four nights, one hour every night. Try walking around even after one night in which you sleep only one hour and you may start to get the first glimpses of my sorry state. And I went through four!

The situation was desperate. Never had any homicidal robot, sociopath artificial intelligence or evil wizard placed me in such a desperate plight before.

And then, it dawned upon me. The solution. Something no science fiction or fantasy author would dare put his character through. But I had to do it. It was the only way.

More about this a bit later, after I fortify my soul against the rigors of this horrible story.

And the tale of woe goes on Wilder than any science fiction plot or fantasy day dream - the day I was jump started! - Part 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment