Mechanical by Bruno Flexer

Mechanical by Bruno Flexer
Mechanical by Bruno Flexer

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

An amazing emergence right from the depths of the 19th century

by Bruno Flexer, Author of:
Dragon Over Washington for Kindle,  Dragon Over Washington Paperback
The Fire At The Gates

Automatic Rebellion
UK Amazon: Bruno Flexer's Works

No really connected to my horrifying common cold adventure, just today this weird thing happened which I felt I had to share though surely no one would believe it.

Anyway, just this day I was woken up on an ungoldy hour, so early in the morning my smartphone refused to show the time. On the phone was this driver of a load of bricks I had to receive (No kidding. Really a load of bricks.). So he asked me where to deliver the bricks and I gave him the address.

No, he told me. How do you reach it? Do you turn right or left from Main Street.
Just put the address in your GPS, I tell him, somewhat naively.
I don't have a GPS, he tells me.

So, I ended up having to explain to him how to turn right on Main Street, left at the traffic lights, then after a quarter mile take the left lane ... I didn't do this in something like ten or twenty years.

So, I had to share this experience. There still are some people out there without smartphones or even GPS, even people who drive shipments for their livelihood. Amazing.



As I said, it is not really connected to science fiction or fantasy, except when thinking of the concept of the survival of the dinosaurs to this day ...

No comments:

Post a Comment