Mechanical by Bruno Flexer

Mechanical by Bruno Flexer
Mechanical by Bruno Flexer

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Constant Ever Present Computing Assistance for the Struggling Kindle Author

by Bruno Flexer, Author of:
Dragon Over Washigton for Kindle,  Dragon Over Washington Paperback
The Fire At The Gates

Automatic Rebellion
UK Amazon: Bruno Flexer's Works

In my ever continuing struggle to find the right solution for easy and productive writing (I write for the kindle as a 21st Century struggling author), I tried to summarize my needs and then envision something that can really fulfill them
.
Actually, I already wrote in previous posts about several of the things I need. I need the computerized version of the notepad. You never know when inspiration strikes but you better be ready and write everything down. This means something small, mobile and durable. A smartphone naturally comes to mind.

Then, I need something with a relatively big screen for the rare occasion where I manage to send the little monsters away, preferably with their mother so I get a few hours off. A laptop is ideal. Relatively comfortable keyboard, large screen and a big enough battery to last a few hours at least.
Naturally, data should be freely exchanged between the smartphone and the laptop. Same files, info and everything else I need when writing.
Now, do I need something in the middle? Hmm … Is the tablet really what a struggling author needs, especially when considering games like droid combat ?
So, the solution can be something like the Assus Transformer, the Padfone and two other options. Still scratching my head here … .

Assus Padfone

Assus Transformer
 

Galaxy Tab Keyboard Dock
Motorola Laptop Dock

Actually, the Motorola Laptop Doc is slowly tipping the scales (no dragon related pun intended) in its favor. It saves you from having to carry two devices at the same time and all your data is naturally in synic.

Will look into it and post results.


No comments:

Post a Comment